The August CHESS Magazine is out now. Buy it here.
The UK's most popular and comprehensive chess Magazine, established 1935. All the regular features plus the following ...
- King’s Tournament, Medias - As in 2010, Magnus Carlsen wins... but Sergey Karjakin was right alongside!
- Interview: Boris Gelfand - Part 2 of Boris Gelfand’s exclusive interview with John Saunders
- World Open, Philadelphia - English and American stars Mickey Adams and Gata Kamsky clash in an Armageddon finale
- Commonwealth Championship, South Africa - Nigel Short narrowly failed to keep up with the Jones boy! New Commonwealth champion Gawain Jones annotates his best game.
- County Championship Finals - Steve Giddins reports on a rare success for Surrey against Kent
- Judit Polgar - The best-ever woman player talks candidly to Lars Grahn
- Perfect Preparation - Part 2 of Eddie Dearing’s advice on how to prepare for a game
- Bobby Fischer Comes to London - A look at Nigel Short’s simultaneous display from the film premiere
Plus all the usual features and more besides
To order a copy of the August 2011 CHESS Magazine, click here